dwarf lionfish question

bruner54

wen i came home last night i was checking out my tank and my dwarf lionfish was spinning in circles as fast as he could is this normal or is there something wrong?

bruner54

everything is fine except nitrates are a little high and im working on getting them down but he does this and it looks like a dog when it chases its tail and then he stops and he seems fine.

lion_crazz

Is the fish breathing heavy?
How long have you had him?
When you say fine, what are the numbers? What are high nitrates? What is your salinity, pH?

bruner54

the fish is not breathing ive had him a couple weeks everything is at 0 nitrate is at 10 and im not sure about the salinity

prime311

10 Nitrate won't hurt a fish. You sure your test kits are accurate? How do you not know your salinity? You can't do water changes without a hydrometer or refrac.

sepulatian

Something is wrong. I have never seen a dwarf do that. Is he eating? What kind of dwarf is this? What do you mean that you don't know about the salinity? Do you test it at all? That needs to be tested on a daily basis.

bruner54

i do have a hydrometer i just havnt tested it recently ive been working so much i will today and its weird cause he will swim in circles then stop and be like dizzy then go on about his business.

basketballfish

Originally Posted by bruner54
http:///forum/post/2725882
wen i came home last night i was checking out my tank and my dwarf lionfish was spinning in circles as fast as he could is this normal or is there something wrong?
i once owned a porcupine puffer and it died a few days later

bruner54

oh that sucks like now he is fine seems normal i mean im not to worried about it unless i see some drastic changes in him i was just wondering if this is normal or not.