dwarf seahorse

barryi

i have a 10 gallon not in use. I was wondering how hardy these guys are if you can hatch and grow brine shrimp? does anyone know any good sea horse breeders either? Thanks

crazy4reefs

you can get alot of information at seahorse, then dot, then org. i hope its ok to post that. i dont believe SWF.com has seahorses..
just trying to help:D

Barryi,
I just got 2 mustange seahorses from OceanRider.com.. can I say that? They are farm raised and AWESOME... Just make sure your tank is cycled COMPLETELY... My tank had a mini cycle and I thought it was DONE.. BIG MISTAKE, I had an amm spike and I am having a hard time controlling it (water changes, etc) so they done DIE..:(
Oh, I have them in a 15H..... If you have the stand for the 10 gallon, i would say get a 20H, it will fit on the same stand and will give them more room and wont cost you a fortune....
Good luck, Kim

barryi

i thought that dwarf sea horses were actually supposed to be kept in nano tanks. does oceanriders sell dwarf sea horses? is there a place that sells brine shrimp hatcheries also?

saltlover

Oceanrider has pixie seahorses that are only about 1 inch. If you want pixies then a smaller tank would be better so you don't loose them in the tank.
Good luck, I will be getting my OR seahorses in a few weeks, can't wait!:D