dwarf seahorses

My kids are dying for seahorses. Are dwarf seahorses a viable choice? Does anyone have any experience with them? Will they breed? Any info greatly appreciated

php

hello, i have a dwark seahorse and he/she is doing great loves to eat live brine love to watch it chase them down i don't know about breeding im trying to find another to breed it with whrn i find out if mine is male or female..as long as you can get live brine and don't have fish that will pick on it or eat all of its food you'll be fine

gemini

You're better off to buy captive bred seahorses NOT wild caught ones. The captive bred ones are expensive but eat frozen mysis shrimp. You can feed live food occasionally as a treat but it is not recommended to feed live food every day.

killafins

Yes... but if for some reason your seahorse doesn't eat frozen (for some LFS will tell you that it's cb but really wc) then I would recommend feedin live brine and then mixing in some mysis or ghost and then mixing in to that some frozen over a long period of time. Also, dwarf seahorses... I heard they were pretty tuff...

Hi,
There is a site that sells dwarf Captive bred seahorses and they are kind of inexpensive and eat frozen mysid .also, you dont need a big set up! .. e-mail me an I will get you a great site
Cavimom@aol.com
Thanks, Kim