Dwarfs and 1gal Tank 'Found on Net"

shaunalynna

Okay so I was reading on a site about dwarfs and found this kit they sell below. I thought you couldn't house crabs and snails with horses. Seems a little small for all that and also wouldn't the tank/pump need converting?
One Gallon Crystal clear acrylic tank 10"H X 9"W (triangular irregular shape) with light, filter, air pump, sea -mix, reef sand, up to 4 months food supply, One pair (2) seahorses plus: one pipefish, 1 small hermit, 1 snail, 2 live plants (included sea lettuce sm.) hitching post and simple instructions. (Excellent starter kit for beginners) Tank & Accessories shipped first at no extra charge, live fish: 1 - 2 weeks later. Set up in 30 Min. Complete Kit: $69.95 then shipping.
I personally would go with a 2gal-5gal tank if I was going to do this set up. Still confused though cause I thought you couldn't use normal filteration in a seahorse tank. There has to me a special type of filter you buy then that I don't know of!

shaunalynna

wasn't thinking about doing it. I just saw the post and thought I would share. Like I said if I was to do a package like that myself I would have to go 2-5gals and think even 2gal would be small for all that. I know myself I wouldn't want the crabs and snails anyhow, just the horses and maybe a ghost shrimp or possibly a pipe in a larger tank!I think there wild caught as well on the site as well!

dingus890

Sorry if my last post sounded kinda right to the point...lol
I meant for anyone wanting that package it really isn't good as it is not really designed for Dwarfs or Pipefish.And also I don't get either why the package comes with crabs as I believe they would attack the dwarfs. Strange but like most stores, they are only in it to make money.
1 gallon would so not be fun to keep running smoothly....lol
Can you imagine all the water changes and how much you would have to top off with fresh water.
Yeah I would go with a 3 or 5.
I remember seeing a 3 gallon pico tank that seemed nice for like $37.00 at ...well I can PM you the site if you want.I don't think we can post links or store names here.
It came with a glass curved 3 gallon tank,pico filter and light and looked really nice.

novahobbies

Wow. I have a little 1g bowfront that I use when I need to dip coral. I can't imaging putting ponys in it for an extended time, much less all the livestock you just listed!
OTOH, my wife has a cylindrical acrylic tank that she keeps a Beta in that's 2.5 gallons. You've probably seen them at the store, it's the one with an LED light set shining up through the airlift tube which is located in the middle of the tank. Well...not to be macabre, but if her betta ever kicks the bucket (no, I don't want it to happen, I'm just sayin' ) I have some plans and modifications in mind for that little bugger! I can easily see how to turn it into a saltwater pico with a pair of ponies!

shaunalynna

Yeah I can't imagine all that in one of those little tanks either. I was shocked when I saw the listing. That was really my reason for posting here. I would have figured they would have offered 2gal or more for all that
I guess to each seller there own but why?
OT: That tank your talking about nova sounds nice that your betta is in. I love my betta though I like the salt fish more now! Mine is in a bowl someone painted for me, but I like the sounds of your betta tank and the idea you said you had for it if something ever happened
thats so mean! The bettas live a while though just so you know
I had one for about 2+ years before he got sick!
Anyhow back to topic..I am seriously thinking myself on a pair of ponies but not sure what tank to get or use. It has to do with space where we are moving on the 24th and I can't really set anything bigger then a 5gal up where I wanted to set up my 12gal originally. What should I do? Help is appreciated.