Dying damsel

I think one of my new damsels is about to kick the bucket.... I got two today and one was being really aggresive and I came home from work and found one behind a rock really dark in color just like moving really weird...... Crap I guess ill prob have to take it back in the morning. Im gonna see If i can get another type of fish.

dawman

Damsels get dark when stressed . They are also a hardy fish , how long has your tank been set up ?

drake94

This is not unusal. The same exact thing happen to me. I got two domino damsels and immediatly the bigger one started nipping at the other. Overtime the little one's fins got nipped and it wasnt too long before he passed. I would suggest only one type of damsel in a tank. Just my suggestion though.

Im pretty sure hes fine.... Although his fins are kinda beat up.... ill try to take back the aggressive one tomorrow and get another type of damsel or something......

drake94

HAHA lucky you. I wish all my previous fish that had this problem were just sleeping. Good luck with the upcoming tank!

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Bountyhunter23
Im pretty sure hes fine.... Although his fins are kinda beat up.... ill try to take back the aggressive one tomorrow and get another type of damsel or something......
Most damsels are aggressive. What fish are you planning in the future? Why would you want another damsel? Please tell me you are not cycling with damsels. What are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings?