dying fish?

chuckstr

I have a chromie that appears to be dying. I attempted to catch it but it was able to get behind the rocks. I have at least 100 pounds of rock in a 75 gal.
Should I move all my rock to try catch the fish or will the clean up crew take care of it if I don't get it?

S

sinner's girl

what's in your clean up crew? I've never worried about fish in my tanks, cleanup crew gets to them...
more importantly, why is it dying? what are your levels, ect...

chuckstr

Levels are good, 0 nitrite, 0 ammonia, maybe 5 nitrate, ph 8.2.
Clean up crew consist of 15 hermits, 3 emerald crabs, numerous snails, cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, 2 different types of star fish.

S

sinner's girl

ime, you'll be fine, what star fish? if it's brittle or serpent, they'll eat it (unless teh fish is sick, then your cleanup crew might not eat it...)

timo

Outwitted by a chromis, huh.
Not the sharpest tack, chromis appear at the surface quite readily when fed... just hide the net. (easier said than done)
Otherwise as said let it perish... if the tanks been around for awhile (good bio-system) it won't be a thing... especially since a dead fish is easier to remove...

mikeyjer

I guess I'm bad to just leave the dead fish in my tank for my cleanup crew to eat it.....I wasn't about to remove 150+ lbs of rocks on getting it since it was at the very bottom of everything....Do not know what happened when it just died so I let my cleanup crew go at it....They finished up the meal within a day, what a expensive meal....A week later added another fish that did just fine, that's after testing for everything, it was fine in the first place when I added the first and it was still fine after the cleanup crew ate the dead fish. I was clueless....Bad fish was the final conclusion....