dying fish

kdrifter44

I left my tank with an auto feeder going for 1 week. When I came home the thing had over feed them there was all pellet food in the bottom of the tank. I cleaned it up and noticed my three stipe damsel was missing. I thought he was dead until I saw he hiding behind the live rock. He did not come out for about 2 week up until now. He does not seem barely able to swim and sitting head first in the sand. Is there any help for him?

W

whiskey

Do you have a QT tank set up? I would remove him and put him in there until you can find out what is wrong and treat him.

scopus tang

Have you checked water parameters and done water changes to control the nutrient spike which is most likely occuring? If not your fish is swimming in toxic chemicals and its probably already too late. If you have a QT tank set up, take him out and place him in there (acclimate him slowly). Probably too late, but you might save him. Poor guy, sounds like a tough little fellow.

kdrifter44

The damsel died the sameday. Now 2 weeks later my clownfish is acting strange. Im going to do some water change outs. whats the max gals per day I can change out for a 37 Gal?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by kdrifter44
http:///forum/post/2471645
The damsel died the sameday. Now 2 weeks later my clownfish is acting strange. Im going to do some water change outs. whats the max gals per day I can change out for a 37 Gal?
What are your water readings? It shouldn't still be effecting them. You can change out up to 50%, but don't do it all at once. You can pull out a lot of water at once, but dribble it back in.