E.t.s.s ?

crzyfshygy

Is anyone using an ETS skimmer along with there sump? How well do they work? Is the sump a good one? Thanks

golfish

If its anything like the ETSS Reef Devil skimmers then please do your self a favor and don't buy it. Their not very good skimmers. The larger ETSS models are pretty good, the smaller models like the Reef Devils are worthless.

crzyfshygy

Originally Posted by golfish
If its anything like the ETSS Reef Devil skimmers then please do your self a favor and don't buy it. Their not very good skimmers. The larger ETSS models are pretty good, the smaller models like the Reef Devils are worthless.

Do you have an ETSS? Every ETSS I've ever seen small or large has kicked major a**
Every Fish store in FL is running them. I just went to a guy's house a saw his installed and it looked like it was pulling cow manure out of the tank. maybe you have yours hooked up wrong.

acrylic51

Different skimmers will perform differently for different systems.......Golfish has been around quite awhile and I'm pretty sure he would have had it running correctly!!!!!

crzyfshygy

You never know.....It could be the pump. My LFS has been around the hobby 20years and he does not know everything. This hobby is has a lot to do with opinion and personal preference. Does anyone have one of these sumps other the GOLFISH who doesn't?

golfish

Originally Posted by crzyfshygy
You never know.....It could be the pump. My LFS has been around the hobby 20years and he does not know everything. This hobby is has a lot to do with opinion and personal preference. Does anyone have one of these sumps other the GOLFISH who doesn't?

I never mentioned a sump, just the skimmer...I try not to post about things I haven't used or seen in person. I ran an ETSS Reef devil II skimmer for about 2 years. I bought it new so I'm pretty sure I was able to set it up correctly, seeing how all you have to do is drop it in the sump and plug it in there's not much that can go wrong. Along the way I tried different things to make it better. Even adding a Becketts head and larger pump didn't help much. Its was a very touchy skimmer, it would stop skimming if you put your hand in the tank, did water changes, feed the fish, open a window, close a window, dust the room..
I've been doing this about 23 years and like your LFS I don't know everything. I do know about ETSS Reef Devil skimmers, their junk. The larger models are much better.
I've never seen an ETSS sump but I'm sure their worth every penny
I've just tried to help, what's with the attitude ?

bigmac

Originally Posted by Thomas712
!?!

oh well, who cares

I won't intrude.

Thomas, did you have something informative to add to this thread or are you just starting trouble

BTW, if your thinking about a Geo skimmer you better jump on it. George is back logged like you wouldn't believe. It took almost 5 months for me to get mine and I hear things are worse.
Oh, can you check my spelling for me :thinking: