easiest Anenome or Coral that Clown will host

thomas975

What is the easiest Coral to take care of that a Clown will host to that anyone has experienced? I have a nano tank but plan to purchase a bigger one so I can get a clown and anenome. I am probably going to get a False Perc. Thanks

nissan577

hello

well its really a 50/50 with any coral or anemone. some clowns wont even host anything at all. idk why. so its really to buy a frogspanw which are really nice and hope it gets there.

T

tiny

Clowns are interesting fish. They'll host just about anything in a tank from a powerhead to a algae clip to corals. You'll just have to hope your clown hosts an anemone.

nissan577

Originally Posted by Tiny
http:///forum/post/3092081
Clowns are interesting fish. They'll host just about anything in a tank from a powerhead to a algae clip to corals. You'll just have to hope your clown hosts an anemone.
not really. tiny. some will while others wont. its really on the clown

sjkarrow

i agree with the "they'll host anything" i have 2 percs in my 29 gallon, they chose to host the powerhead and i have Torch/Hammer/Frogspawn coral in their. They swim thru it once in a blue moon but still decide against hosting....I figured with 3 choices, and all 3 are BIG pieces they'd like 1 of them, but i was wrong
it is basically luck sadly to say, im planning on buying an anemone soon for them and HOPE they host that

aquaguy24

My past truebpercs hosted my overflow box. My current black&whites host my flame zoas. A huge wall hammer is right next to zoa but they don't even see it. So it really depends on the clowns.

grabbitt

My perc LOVED the rics I had in the tank. And my gold-striped maroon loved the brain, but never took to the frogspawn. It's really a toss-up until you drop it in the tank and let it find out which it likes for itself.

nancd777

I cheated and purchased my Macrodactyla doreensis because there were two very small Maroons already hosting it. :-D However, after about 3 days, the larger Maroon refused to allow the smaller Maroon to host. The smaller one disappeared soon after. The LTA and remaining Maroon get along very well.