East TN? Anyone?

sailfin

Man, I can't believe that nobody is from this area on this board. Seems like everybody is from up in the Jersey area or down in Florida, and nobody wants to ship anything!!!!
:joy:

sailfin

Originally posted by ninny
Hello, I am from Soddy Daisy. :) Ninny

Finally. How long have you been into saltwater???
:D

ninny

I had a 125 gal tank 6 yrs ago. Had it for about a year then moved and couldn't take it. Just got a 75 gal about 3 months ago.

sailfin

Originally posted by beaslbob
I'm in huntsville,Al. does that count? Bout two hours away.

I guess that will have to do. I try and distance myself from Alabamians. lol.

I noticed you're an engineer as well. Isn't this the best profession. Nothing is ever the same. My projects are always something new. It was good to hear from you.

sailfin

Good to see people from this area. Where does everybody shop at around here? I am looking for a "good" LFS.
Thanks

ninny

Originally posted by sailfin
Good to see people from this area. Where does everybody shop at around here? I am looking for a "good" LFS.
Thanks

Have you ever been to Fish Mania in East Ridge, and also there is Aquatic Wildlife on HWY 153 in Hixson. That is about the only 2 decent LFS in Chatt. There are a couple LFS in Cleveland if you are familliar with that area.

sailfin

Originally posted by ninny
Have you ever been to Fish Mania in East Ridge, and also there is Aquatic Wildlife on HWY 153 in Hixson. That is about the only 2 decent LFS in Chatt. There are a couple LFS in Cleveland if you are familliar with that area.

I actually live in Cleveland. There are two, but only one is good. The one that is good does carry hardly any SW fish.

I think I will try both of the ones you suggested next time I am down that way. Have you ever tried Bermuda Triangle? They screwed me over bad!!!! :mad:
Good to hear from you again. Send me an e-mail if you wish
antnyh@msn.com

ronnie

hey get on the internet and try saltwaterfish.com they have good prices and good information on different species
ronnie

sailfin

Originally posted by Fishtails
Chattanooga here.
Bremuda Triangle screwed you over? Very weird. They're one of the best LFS's in the area.

I was new to the hobby. First SW tank. I had it set up for two days with LS and LR. They told me to come back and get some fish, that the tank was "instantly" cycled with the LS. They sold me a Copperband Butterfly and a Cleaner Shrimp. Both of which died the next day. They then gave a Coral Beauty in exchange for the death of my Copper. The Coral Beauty died within two days!!!!:mad:
They are hobbiests and businessmen looking for a quick buck IMO!!!!!

fishtails

Do you happen to know the paticular employee who told you this? Most of the guys will give you straight up and truthful information.