easy corals needing less then 3 watts per gal

fishissues

okay i was looking at zoos but i don't know how many wpg they need
also a little frag question how do you pull off a mushroom from a rock? i have a couple attached to a rock i dont like so any advise?

wangotango

wpg is pretty useless. Zoas will be fine under anything really; PC, VHO, halide, or T5.
The easiest way, IMO, to remove a mushroom is to cut it where it attaches to the rock with a razor blade. Try to make one clean cut without leaving anything behind.
-Justin

fishissues

Originally Posted by WangoTango
wpg is pretty useless. Zoas will be fine under anything really; PC, VHO, halide, or T5.
The easiest way, IMO, to remove a mushroom is to cut it where it attaches to the rock with a razor blade. Try to make one clean cut without leaving anything behind.
-Justin
only issue the rock is bumpy so it is kind of difficult for a clean cut so i just want to pull it off and attach it to another rock

fishissues

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
try pointing a powerhead right at the foot. It will let go.
how long i don't wanna stare at my aquarium for a couple hours.

alix2.0

when i want to pull one off i just try to get under the foor with like the back of a razor blade and then it peels off pretty easily.

fishissues

Originally Posted by alix2.0
when i want to pull one off i just try to get under the foor with like the back of a razor blade and then it peels off pretty easily.
would tweezers work you think?

alix2.0

probably as long as they arent too sharp. it probably wouldnt hurt the shroom too much if you pierced the skin (theyre bulletproof) but youd probably want to avoid it.
edit// i said probably a lot

joebob7

You could cut the foot off the top then reattach the top to another rock and the foot will grow into another mushroom.

paintballer768

WPG is a useless system for saltwater tanks. SW lights have different intensities, and thats just not good to go on. It would be best to post tank size, amount of wattage on the lights, and what type (PC, T5, MH, etc...)