easy,hardy corals-TONS OF HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clownfish9

i love coral reefs,but i want to only have hardy,easy to keep corals so i wont mess up.what are some good species and what is their care requirments?

reefnut

Mushrooms & Zoanthus polyps are good starter corals. Most soft corals that use photosynthesis, I would consider hardy and relatively easy to care for... assuming you have the lighting to support them.

1journeyman

I think "easy to keep" corals is sort of misleading.
Some things such as feeding and lighting can vary, but other things like water specs. etc. must be maintained regardless.

T

thomas712

I think it would be best if you posted your lighting and tank specs if possible.
In many cases softies are going to be the easiest to care for. Things like xenia will be able to help you tell if there is something wrong with your tank. Leather corals can do the same thing.
Thomas

jonny bolt

I have Green Mushrooms, Assorted Mushrooms, and a Yellow Polyp stone. The 'shrooms are doing fine, but the Polyps retreated into the rock soon after I introduced it into my tank. I also had a Christmas Tree coral, which was AWESOME, but that pooped tha bed too a few days after I put it in my tank. I was cycling my tank when I ordered the stuff, so when they arrived, I put them in my friends tank for about 6 weeks until I thought it was ok to bring them home. I will definitely be getting another Christmas Tree coral though.