Eathquake and fish

chance

I live in santa cruz california and last night there was a 5.6 earthquake I dont think any houses fell down or anything but i was wondering if any one had any tips for making a 29 gallon tank mare earth quake safe

S

surfinusa

Hello mr. chance id get an acylic aquarium or something like that idk its a tough one thats the only one i can think of oh and chance we have school tommorow

demartini

that earthquake was kind of strong huh? I don't have any good earthquake safe ideas. The water in my tank sloshed out a little during the quake, so maybe I shouldn't have an open top lol. our tanks will be doomed when the big one hits!

skipperdz

thats why i live in florida...worse comes to worse they will have a MUCH bigger tank when florida floods lol!

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by DeMartini
that earthquake was kind of strong huh? I don't have any good earthquake safe ideas. The water in my tank sloshed out a little during the quake, so maybe I shouldn't have an open top lol. our tanks will be doomed when the big one hits!

Wasnt it was big all my guitars fell over and my tank started sliding a bunch. And I really hope a bigger one doesnt hit.

demartini

Originally Posted by surfinusa
Wasnt it was big all my guitars fell over and my tank started sliding a bunch. And I really hope a bigger one doesnt hit.

well it will hit!
jk... I don't want my tank to fall =(
we are due for a big one.... any time now.

chance

well it will hit!
jk... I don't want my tank to fall =(
we are due for a big one.... any time now.
I hoping that was the big one or
but in case itwasnt by by nemo

demartini

no that definitely wasn't the big one, but that was the largest since the Loma Prieta quake which was 6.9 in 1989....loma prieta was more than 10 times stronger than the quake that hit a few days ago (each point is 10 times stronger than the last). we are supposed to have one that is larger than the Loma Prieta earthquake in the near futre, so you can only imagine how much damage there will be.

chance

no that definitely wasn't the big one, but that was the largest since the Loma Prieta quake which was 6.9 in 1989....loma prieta was more than 10 times stronger than the quake that hit a few days ago (each point is 10 times stronger than the last). we are supposed to have one that is larger than the Loma Prieta earthquake in the near futre, so you can only imagine how much damage there will be.
Yeah I heard that there was a 5% chance that there would be a bigger one in the next few days

chance

If there was a big earth quake do you think the tank would fall off the stand and break first or the sencond story of my house fall on it and crush it first?

S

surfinusa

I wouldnt worry about it theres a 5 percent chance one happens but a 95 percent chance an earthquake does not happen

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by Chance
If there was a big earth quake do you think the tank would fall off the stand and break first or the sencond story of my house fall on it and crush it first?
Oh and for sure the tank would fall of the stand first

demartini

Yeah I heard that there was a 5% chance that there would be a bigger one in the next few days
I did hear something about that, but I don't think it will happen. We may have another smaller one in the next couple days.

chance

I did hear something about that, but I don't think it will happen. We may have another smaller one in the next couple days.
I heard ther were 40 after shocks

cpbirds407

Wow! This earthquake thing sound scary!!! At least we have warnings of hurricanes! I can't imagine going thru that! Sorry to hear that guys in CA.

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by cpbirds407
Wow! This earthquake thing sound scary!!! At least we have warnings of hurricanes! I can't imagine going thru that! Sorry to hear that guys in CA.
Actually it was only 15 seconds long and really didnt do much damage thank god.

stdreb27

The first time I felt an tremor was in Guatamala, I was on top of a 30 foot home made ladder, I looked down and I was rolling across the floor, and people were running out the building. It wasn't cool. I'd take a hurricane anyday.

chance

Originally Posted by cpbirds407
It was pretty small but the shock of having an earth quake when your just going through your everday life is scary. I got under a desk and started thinking are fish okay and when the earth stopped shaking I ran to see if my tank was okay and luckly everthing seemed to be okay

S

surfinusa

It was pretty small but the shock of having an earth quake when your just going through your everday life is scary. I got under a desk and started thinking are fish okay and when the earth stopped shaking I ran to see if my tank was okay and luckly everthing seemed to be okay
I think you forgot the screaming part.