Ebay sales...

joejubee

Has anyone seen the complete 18 gallon tanks on ----? If you search for "MINI-REEF Tank-Canopy-Filter MUST SEE!" you'll see it.
It's being sold by a user named " displaycollectables"
Any thoughts if it's a good deal?
Thanks,
Joe

T

thomas712

I've done some buisness with him before, he is VERY good at acrylic work and helped to answer some questions for me. All in all I would trust his products to be crafted well.
Been quite some time scince I have heard from him, can't remember his user name but he has done some posting on saltwater forums before and helped many with their DIY projects.
Thomas

ryebread

It seems like an OK deal but, nothing spectacular.
That only includes the tank and whatnot........doesn't include a stand or canopy or lighting of any type. It is only eighteen gallons and the photos shown are of another auction he has that is from a 25 gallon tank.....not saying he is a bad guy but, for that price you could easily get started on a nice 20g or 29g tank with better filtration.

joejubee

Thanks for the input.
I'm wanting a 18-ish gallon tank for a Reef Tank. (I'm tired of my 60 FO tank.)
This tank seems to have:
1) Tank w/ integrated sump ($150 at my LFS w/no sump)
2) Canopy (?? $80 ??)
3) Skimmer (looks like a CPR) ($100)
4) Powerhead. ($20)
Add it all up and it looks like around $300.
Anyhow, you said, "...for that price you could easily get started on a nice 20g..."
My question is where and what models?
Thanks!
Joe

slick

I bought a 240 from him recently. Excellent quality except for the tank being a inch to tall. Very nice guy. But like said took forever to ship. So I think if you can get past the shipping problems he seems to have you will get a well crafted long lasting tank.

ryebread

Originally posted by joejubee
1) Tank w/ integrated sump ($150 at my LFS w/no sump)

Huh? For what size tank?
I can pick up a 20 gallon tank here in town for $30 and a 29g tank for about $45.