Ebo-jager

grallster

I got a new Ebo-jager heater today (250 watt) and I thought it was totally submersible. Then, I see below the dial on the heater a line and the words "do not immerse beyond water line." I was not planning on having my sump filled enough to cover the heater if I orientated it vertically.
Does anyone have a heater like this in their sumps? Any ideas on how too orientate it? I have an inside the tank overflow and thought about putting it in there but I'm not sure if the water flow through there will be constant enough to keep the heater from going totally under water.
Thanks,
Dave

toddpolish

you must have a really old Ebo Jager.
grallster - mine says the same thing. I too was a little displeased when I received mine.
Also, not sure if it's the thermometer (Rainbow Lifegard big digital temp) I have or what, but the ebos are set at 78 and my therm reads 80 and still the ebos are on. which one is correct?

jumpfrog

I bought two of the 250s and both of them stay on. Not happy with them but not worth the trouble to return on-line. They're great for quickly heating up top off water in the winter but that's about it.

jumpfrog

Kip,
Yeah, I think you're right. I was kinda bum'd cuz I bought these for my sump for a 125. The d#^$ things "stayed" on. Just wasn't up to the hassle factor of returning.
Interestingly, I maintain temps in this BAT with a 100w heater. Only NO lights too.
Go figure!

grallster

The heater I'm talking about is brand new--I just got it! So, do you think I should just stick it underwater anyways?

robbob29

I have been buying some Tronics heaters. they are submersable. I have had no trouble with them at all, temp stays even all day and night.

You need to verify with your supplier if it is a submersible heater or not. Both kinds are readily available, often the submersibles are a bit more $$. I would carefully check to see if it is a minimum or maximum water line. It should be fairly clear from that. If you got the wrong one, it would be worth your effort to get the right one.
-Christine