Eclipse Lights

jen14

I would like to uprade my lights, but am so confushed on what I need, I would like to house soft corals eventually, right now I just have LR (my tank is still cyling). I already upgraded my filter (dont even use the one that came on the tank. Anyway I have a 29g. What are those retrofit kits? Would I still keep my regular bulb and just add those? How many watts or what type of lights?Im so confused. I already searched this thread for eclipse lighting but Im still lost. This eclipse was a big mistake but I have to make it work any information will be so much help Thanx

joker_ca

just get rid of the hood and go with some PC's lights, why keep the hood if your not using the filter and just spend alittle more to get a good light, and you could even sell the hood to someone who does freshwater

scales1

One lighting option would be to use the "Power Quad" 96watt reto ket and mount it in the eclipse hood. I had this set up for a 25g tank and the lighting was good for just about anything. This would mean you would need to use the filter system that comes along with the hood as well. If you decide to do this you need to watch the heat of the tank, to be sure that it dosen't get too hot from these lights.