Eclipse system!

Y

yae4volcom

Is the eclipse system any good......It seems convinient because its so small and has a light too. I am a newbie so I dont need anything fancy. Anycomments would be appreciated:)

Y

yae4volcom

Oh....almost forgot......Its the eclipse 12 and im only using it for a nano reef/12 gallon with lr and ls

litdawg79

Don't mean to sound stupid, but what do you mean by Nano reef???
I have been wondering about them myself????:confused:

slick

I believe a nano reef is a small reef tank. As far as the eclipse systerm goes I have no personal experience with them. But I think if your a newbie you should start with a bigger tank. The smaller the tank the more difficult it is to keep stable.

litdawg79

Thanks, Slick
I already have a 55 gal. and 30 gal.
but am in the process of trading them for a 80 gal. eclipse.
probably will set it up this weekend. wish me luck...

Y

yae4volcom

I know the smaller the size the less stable but its pretty much about money. The bigger the tank the more the lighting the better the filter and alot of LR is very costly. Plus there really cool!

iceburger

I wouldnt go with the eclipse honestly, no room for upgrades and the lighting isnt that great on them, cant have a skimmer, cant have decent lighting, i wouldnt try it, I was looking at the system 12 but decided to go with a regular 10gal nano, i'm very happy with my little tank...