Eco system sump/fuge

emmitt2

I've been looking for a sump/fuge for my 180g for awhile but havent found 1 yet. I looked at the eco-system one a few weeks ago but thought it was too much $. Well, yesterday, i found a brochure for it from our lfs in my wifes car so i have a sneaking suspicion her and my parents are getting it for me for Christmas
. They sell it with the miracle mud and a asm g-3 skimmer. I have heard of miracle mud but dont know anyone who has ever used it.
Does anyone have any experience with this sump/fuge or heard anything about them, good or bad? Is this a great gift or are they not all theyre cracked up to be?

ibew

for one thing they are alot of money I do own the hang on the back version but do not have enough time on it to see results but yet I would thing the true sump version is designed well better and is a very pretty looking fuge. You will have people that sware there the best route to go and you will have people say that the mud is no better than live sand. But I haven't heard anything negative about the mud which leads me to believe that alot of people are unsure still on its pros and cons which is hard to believe considering its been out now for more than 5 years

emmitt2

Ibew, the sump/fuge is REALLY nice looking and looks very well built. Its gotta be nice otherwise youd have a stroke seeing the price tag, lol.
Are you using the miracle mud in your hang on back? How long have you had it?