"EcoMod" Maxijet mod kit is Good

threed240

I bought one of these this weekend, and I am truly impressed. I had a problem with one of my mj1200's falling off the glass, due to suction cups. I bought the sure flow, and the hanging clamp. I am going back to get another for my other mj1200. Id say two of these, plus my return pump, and another rotating power head (which is junk, 300gph but you have to manually rotate now due to coraline), would be enough for a 55g.

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by Threed240
I bought one of these this weekend, and I am truly impressed. I had a problem with one of my mj1200's falling off the glass, due to suction cups. I bought the sure flow, and the hanging clamp. I am going back to get another for my other mj1200. Id say two of these, plus my return pump, and another rotating power head (which is junk, 300gph but you have to manually rotate now due to coraline), would be enough for a 55g.
That would be a lot of flow, which should be good for all your corals. You probably wont even need the other PH once you get 2 sureflows in there.
Just aim them so the flows crash into each other and you'll have great random turbulent flow.

isistius

both the ecomods and sureflow will put out around 1500-1600 gph, while the k4 will put out 1200. and supposedly by this winter, there will be an option for a different propeller/magnet combo for the mj1200, to put out around 2500gph

J

jrthomas40

aight...now to make sure we are talking about the same PH...i have a mj 1200 that came with the seaclone skimmer i used to have...is it the same thing as what you all are talking about

peckhead

i got the magnets today. i ordered the ones for 4.50 that pull 60lbs. wow..these are some strong magnets. 2 of them chipped because they got pulled together so hard. im not sure if i should put a piece of cloth on both sides or maybe the outside of water magnet or is it just not needed. these things are really powerful!