Ecosystem hang on back filter 40

degbowl

I was looking through a magazine and saw an Ecosystem hang on back filter system 40. It is a wet/dry and refugium. I have a 30 gal that has been set up for almost 2 years. I don't have room for a sump , but a hob refugium would be ok. they have a regular one and a pro series. They seem a little expensive, but maybe I can find a used one. Does anyone have one and is it worth having one? Would this take the place of my skimmer? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Jim

fishfreak1242

I wouldn't waste my time or money on that. It would be too small to do much and pretty expensive. Save your money and get a really good protein skimmer.

paxrom

I have an EcoSystem 3616 sump filter and it works great. NO3- (not NO3-N) never get past 2ppm tested with Seachem kit weekly
My clown loves to munch on her cop/amphipods that hang around the black overflow boxes. I think the intergrated refugium definitely give her some nice snack for her to graze on.
best part? No protein skimmer. take that you protein skimmer lovers!
oh ya I haven't do a water change since I can remember. Not saying I support lazy husbandry but ya I am lazy.
I don't know about their HOB units, I tend to not like anything that is HOB