Eel Action

tarhull87

Well to be honest, I bought it as a snowflake eel but after seeing the numerous other pictures of snowflakes, mine is the only one that looks like this. Any help on IDing him would be appreciated.

evilss

he is a snake eel for sure. since he is burrowing he is probably a sharptail snake eel. i have had one of these. my coloring was a lil different but same thing. they are awesome. one of my favorites. they usually stay burried most of the time. the one i had is about 3 1/2 feet long now. they get very long but stay pretty skinny. you can feed them just like you would any moray eel. if you have any other questions let me know.

tru conch

nice eel. evilss arent snake eels somewhat difficult to take care off? or are just the banded snake eels the hard ones? i cant remember.

evilss

well as long as you keep the diets mixed up and feed on a schedule. they are pretty easy to take care of. they are like morays and do go on spells that they dont eat for a week or 2. but thats not to often. the one that i had is still alive and its about 3- 1/2 feet long. i know its been alive for over 2 years. so its older than that. i got it when it was 24"long. they are a awesome eel.