eel+big+125??

draconis321

i was wondering which eel is the biggest and most docile(for an eel) that can go in a 125 gal
P.S if you could post pics along with your suggestions that would be a big help.

Well, the word docile in its context is completely in the eye of the beholder. I know I shouldn't but there are a few fish with one of my tesselatas ( biggest eel, along with green moray) and there are no problems for 11 months (which is when I introduced the other fish). Although the Tesselata is considered to be by most..The most aggressive eel there is.
A lot of people on here see the taboo/gossip around the tesses and spit it back out for other people as "understood information"
I have never had an "overly aggressive" eel. Tesselatas, and other eels deemed overly aggressive usually arises when fed (if in a community tank). If the eel has its food stolen from it, it will attack the robber.
One needs to learn how to feed the eel correctly, what to feed it, and when to feed it, and how often. This in time will lessen their aggressiveness. this technique can be done with all eels to make them less of a meany. In the VERY long time I have had my tesselatas I have NEVER had one eat a fish that it was not meant to eat.
I'm sorry this kinda rambles on and on so I will directly answer your questions.
The biggest eels are both the tesselata and the green moray, both can reach well over 8 feet in the wild and weigh as much as a small child.
the most "naturally docile" is the Snowflake eel, Although it is not NEARLY the size.
Here is a picture of one of my baby Tesselatas.

he is about 3 feet long 7lbs.
If you get one of these you will certainly need to upgrade to at least a 300g but will do fine for a year and a half (if fed well) in a 125.

draconis321

is there anything big that will i can keep in a 125 for it's whole life
and could you specifie how thick and long they get
thanks

Oh yeah there are certainly lots that you can keep. Let me think. Snow flake eels, I think the biggest they get is around 3 feet, but don't quote me on it. Their girth, In captivity I think gets to like 2 1/2- 3 inches. Minor Moray, which has about the same dimensions I think. Golden dwarf Moray, maxes out in captivity at around 12-13 inches. Yellow Head Moray Eel, still not getting past 3 feet (pretty small in eel terms). Banded Moray Eel, In captivity, I think I've heard that they get about 2 and a half feet long, about 3 inches in diameter.
I'm sure there are more I just haven't done any research on the smaller docile ones.
All of the eels I have owned were considered to be "aggressive" and "Huge"

omots

On any ideas to a more docile eel for your tank, you would find that even among the most docile eels, in appearances still has a certain level of aggression, when hungry that is for it would be rather be difficult to keep any shrimps or crabs, etc

reef_dart21

I love the blue ribbon eels!!!! they are sweet(never owned one)
but from the zoo and etc they are awsome the way they move

The Blue ribbon eel in my personal opinion, should not be an animal that is sold as a pet. They have almost a 90% mortality rate, very hard to coax to feed, and have a short lifespan anyways.