eel in a 50?

gootz

What eels are good for a 50 gallon. If some are too big, will they be fine for a couple of years? Also I'm not looking to spend over $100 so no hawaiin dragon eel, lol

kart racer

I bought a goldentail moray. They are supposed to stay aroung two feet so that may be an option. I paid either 29 or 39, cant remember at the LFS.

kart racer

From what I have read there shouldnt be a problem. I just put a niger in with him Saturday with no problem yet except the trigger took his piece of shrimp. But when he dropped it the eel took it back so all was well.

kart racer

When I bought mine the LFS also had a purplemouth moray for the same price. Dont know much about them though except he had a mouthfull of teeth. Not sure how big he gets but was a nice looking eel.

gootz

nice I never heard of a purple mouth moray. though those kinds of eels were expensive.thanx

hughes07

i had a snowflake eel in my 38 and it seemed fine. those are the least expensive. how much are you willing to spend. snowflakes don't get very big either, however you need alot of lr.