Eel Pond/Tank

sharkboy13

Hello all, it's been a few years since i last posted.
I am interested in starting an eel tank or pond. Are there any particular recommendations anyone can make? I'd like to keep a few different species such as:
-Snowflake
-Ribbon
-Dragon
-Snake
-Garden
Is any of this combination possible? Also would it be possible to keep a Bamboo or Cat Shark with this set up provided it be large enough? Thanks in advance,
-J

crypt keeper

Well eels dont really fight from what I have seen. I know afew people with mulitiple eels in one tank.
When you say Dragon eel which are you speaking off. There are different ones. Ribbon eels dont do well in captivity. Im not saying it cant be done they are just hard to get to eat. Most starve and die.
I dont know anything about garden eels.
Snowflakes are fine. They get big.

sharkboy13

i was thinking something along the lines of Hawaiian or Japanese. i realize their expense and rarity, but hopefully someday i'll see one when i have money. when you say most Ribbons die, what kind of mortality rate are we talking?

lion_crazz

Yep, ribbon eels will not do well in this set-up. They are incredibly difficult to keep, almost impossible.
Garden eels will also not do well in this set-up. They are far too docile and need a much different type of set-up (one with a deep sand bed).

crypt keeper

personally I wouldnt waste the time or money on a eel pond. I would buy a 125 slap two Dragon Morays in there and call it a tank. You can add some damsels for color and activity.

crypt keeper

my phone will only let me type 200 letters at a time.
Those two eels would make the tank unreal gorgeous. Set up two large areas on each side. Pvc pipe for them. They shouldnt fight. Sell one if they