eels

scott270

first thanks to all of you helping me learn more about this amazing hobby, I have a 75 gallon tank with lr, If I was to get an eel what kind should I get that would be able to go with other fish and what kind of fish would be ok

I don't know a whole about this stuff, but I think the snowflake would be the best. The other get pretty big and are quite aggressive. the snowflake is as well so its kinda a risk.

thor

Definitely a Snowflake they are the least aggresive of eels and are quite hardy+ they can fit in a 30+ gallon tank

scott270

ok thanks but just how many other fish can go with this eel in the 75 gallon tank tang, lion trigger which would be the best and how many

stevel

I've had a snowflake for 11 years and I'd get another when he goes.Just make sure you keep him fed or you will lose the smaller fish.Mine was about 4" long when I got him now he's about 24" long and 1 1/2" in diameter. Really cool looking when he comes out to get fed.I spoiled him by hand feeding him.

von_rahvin

another thing you could do is get a zebra eel. They are alot like snowflakes. They are very docil (sp) They do need a bigger tank though. Something to think about.