Eels

mlf5135

I have a 75 gallon tank with about 60 pounds of rockwork and I already have one snowflake eel and was thinking about getting a green wolf eel. Does anyone have experience with keeping 2 eels at the same time and if its normal? Thanks

antwon

I have two eels in my 72 gallon one is a snowflake and I think the other one is a white mouth but I am not sure. They are both about 9 or 10 inches. The white mouth was in the tank for about 1 month before I introduced the snowflake. The white mouth actually just let the snowflake share his den and now they are best friends. They fight for food sometimes though, so make sure each eel gets food. Be careful at first because when I first put the snowflake in, the white mouth wasn't too happy about it. Also watch ur nitrates because they eat a lot and make a mess too, especially wen u have double the mess. Hope this helped!

R

rcreations

I have a goldtail moray and a snowflake in a 150gal and they're best buds. They even share the same cave.

rslinger

Is a green wolf really an eel or is it a blenny? I have always thought it was a blenny. And with your white mouth be carefull. I had one over three feet for years. I have kept several eels, the white mouth was the most aggressive by far. She was not to bad with other eels but fish is another story.

S

saxman

The fish in question is actually a member of the dottyback family.