EGG SACK ?????????

dcm22

For those who I have not talked to before, I have a gorgeous 150 gallon, 150 lbs live rock, 640 watt light system. There are a billion different kinds of critters and plants growing on my live rock. I have blue-leg crabs and asteria snails for clean-up crew, a brown tang, a ebil angel, two ocellaris clowns and 3 green chromis. Yesterday I found two different types of egg sacks or at least thats what they look like. They are both on my live rock. One is bright white and foamy looking about the size of a nickle. The other is yellowish white and looks like a volcano with a hole in the top and is about the size of a dime. Anyone got any idea what they are???? Thanks Don.

I honestly have no idea, but it does sounds like you have a great tank!! Please let us all know what turns out of your mysterious sacks!
~~Megan

dcm22

Hey Megan, I think the foamy sack was from my Asteria snails. I have 10 or 20 little ones on the glass and rocks near that egg sack. I hope they keep breeding and I'll go into business. Or at least sell them to my LFS or trade for more goodie in this addictive hobby. Thanks, Don