Eggcrate Tops

I Am Curious, Which Eggcrate Top Is Better And Why. The Silver Shinny One Or The Pale White? All Opinions And Advise Are Welcomed And Appreciated.
Thanks, Lionman

morval

plain white is the perfered one around here. the "chrome" one flakes off when its cut and who knows what effect that paint/coating will have on ur tank if it gets in there

t316

Originally Posted by morval
http:///forum/post/2639553
plain white is the perfered one around here. the "chrome" one flakes off when its cut and who knows what effect that paint/coating will have on ur tank if it gets in there
+1

That chrome stuff is just a coating over the plastic. It has to come off at some point.

I am still new to saltwater, is there any down side to remove the glass tops? I've read in other post it helps to keep the temps down, this is why I'm doing it. I know the water is more likely to evaporate quicker than with the glass top on. Anything else I should be aware of????

M

markeo99

your lights are gonna get dirtier that was my downside but I need them off for my temps

notsonoob

That really will depend upon how far your lighting system is over your tank.
What is nice is most have a splash gaurd that you can easily slip out and clean.
I did the same thing on my first tank, and you'll thank yourself 1000 times for pulling the glass tops off your tank!
Also, it will allow your tank to expel CO2 more efficiently.