eggs on glass help

gofish85

I have ocellaris eggs on the glass bottom and only about 15 on the tile. I have sat in front of the tank with the pumps off but eventually i fall asleep and the next day when i get up for work they seem to be fine, but by the time i get home again the majority hatched without me there and of course the pumps are on so they get swept away. is there any device i can hook up to help me in any way.? rod from rods-reef.com told me that someone on this site shoutld know how to hook up this device. any help with collecting the larvae as they hatch woudl be great.

gofish85

reef diver i dont understand what you mean? this guy rod from rods reef told me that there is a device to capture the larvae as they hatch. I do have to raise the larvae because the clowns don't........any more suggestions would be great thank you.

reef diver

U do not, if they die, so be it, its both a snack for your livestock, and it is about as mich pollution as a normal feeding. If you feel you MUST raise teh babies, you are putting a lot of time and money in. Also, to capture, just turn off all pumps, and when tehy hatch in dead of night, capture tehm with flashlight and bowl.

gofish85

im sorry i didnt explain myself. these clowns only purpose for me is to breed them they are set up on an about to be 6 tank system just solely for breeding clowns. i have tried the sit in front of the tank method and the clowns arent hatchin with me in front. i have talked to one guy whom is in the same state as me and he told me about a catching device but i cant find it and my sn will not work on --. so any way today i put a tile on the bottom too so hopefully they choose one of the three tiles in their tank. they are in a bare bottom 58 reef ready tank with four bubble tip anemones twelve hour light cycle and about twenty pounds of live rock. I have been culturing greenwater for a while and rotifers but im just being patient with raising the larvae. only my ocellaris are currently breeding. i also have a true mated pair of frenatus or tomato clowns. also i have gold stripe pair and true percula pair. i have room for two more pair but im going to do rarer species. but anyone that has any suggestions thank you.

mscarpena

What you did should work with moving the tiles around. If not move the tiles again to where they are laying their eggs. Keep doing it until you get the eggs where you want to. Also I have a pair of egg laying tomatoes that I am getting rid of if you are interested e-mail me mscarpena@msn.com.