Eheim wet/dry filter model 2229

angelgirl

I am wondering if anyone has one of these and what their feeling on it is. How good it works, maintence etc... :thinking:
thanks
Angelgirl :happyfish

tarball

Originally Posted by angelgirl
I am wondering if anyone has one of these and what their feeling on it is. How good it works, maintence etc... :thinking:
thanks
Angelgirl :happyfish

Eheim 2229 wet/dry canister filter
I would like to re ask this question. I'm considering this wet/dry canister filter & would like some input before I consider purchase... So what do you think?.. please...

azaintcold

I had one initially when I was going fish only with my 150, but once I decided to go reef I returned it and built a custom sump/refugium to make it a lot easier on me.

tarball

Originally Posted by azaintcold
I had one initially when I was going fish only with my 150, but once I decided to go reef I returned it and built a custom sump/refugium to make it a lot easier on me.

What difficulties are there with the Eneim 2229?
Is there a lot of maintenance involved with the wet/dry canister filter?
Also, was it noisy?

azaintcold

Originally Posted by Tarball
What difficulties are there with the Eneim 2229?
Is there a lot of maintenance involved with the wet/dry canister filter?
Also, was it noisy?
There weren't any difficulties with it, it just couldn't do what I wanted it to do for a reef set up. I.E. Water volume. I wanted more water volume to make stabalizing the system easier on me. The canister wasn't too loud with the occasional flushing noise they make. They have a very low flow rate.
Much happier with a sump/fuge for less money.

tarball

Originally Posted by azaintcold
Much happier with a sump/fuge for less money.

I agree, thats what I'm going to do..