Eheim Wet/Dry

sickboy

I'm not sure if I should be posting this here or in the equipment forum, but here it is.
I am currently using an emperor 400 on my 38 gallon, but I was thinking about switching to an Eheim Wet/Dry 2227 so that I could have room for a HOB fuge. So I had some questions about this filter:
1)Does anyone have any experience with this filter? I know it has a lower flow, but does it work other than that?
2)Is it loud? I don't want to have to listen to the air sucking back in. I had a filter on a freshwater tank that did that and it drove me nuts.
3)From the pics I saw, it looks like it comes with a spray bar, is this true?

keith burn

1)eheim is a good filter i do not like them (canister filters that is) on s/w tanks
2)Most of them do not.
3)Yes

dabudkrew

i have one, it is a good filter, you just have to maintain it, i would recommend it if you can not get a sump, it does keep my water clear, its pretty quite, and yes it does come with a spray bar, overall it pretty good and it sparys out in intervals to create a wave like burst of water.

sickboy

Originally Posted by dabudkrew
http:///forum/post/2744709
i have one, it is a good filter, you just have to maintain it, i would recommend it if you can not get a sump, it does keep my water clear, its pretty quite, and yes it does come with a spray bar, overall it pretty good and it sparys out in intervals to create a wave like burst of water.
I can't really get a sump/don't trust overflows/don't want to drill my tank. So cool.

sickboy

Originally Posted by keith burn
http:///forum/post/2744700
i do not like them (canister filters that is)
Is that this canister? Or canisters in general because of the lack of oxygen exchange? I was thinking about getting this one because of the oxygen part.
I was thinking this would be the next best thing to a sump.

keith burn

Thay plug up fast.
Not fun to maintain.
Do not need the biological filtration. (get live rock).
For the $300.00 you can get good l/r.
Imo buy a hob fuge and l/r.

N

nereef

there is one on a 150 fw that i take care of. they fill up, and then dump out of the spray bar basically. that is sort of loud, but probably quieter than most overflows unless it's a drilled tank with a durso. imo, if you set up a hob fuge, you wouldn't need a canister filter.
ps...good to see a ne boy on here.

sickboy

Originally Posted by keith burn
http:///forum/post/2745491
Thay plug up fast.
Not fun to maintain.
Do not need the biological filtration. (get live rock).
For the $300.00 you can get good l/r.
Imo buy a hob fuge and l/r.
I have about 50lbs of rock (mostly Tukani off this site) and 20lbs of sand, a skimmer and the emperor. So, with that I have no room for a fuge, are you saying that I probably don't need the filter at all?

sickboy

Originally Posted by NEreef
http:///forum/post/2745503
ps...good to see a ne boy on here.
yeah, what part of the state are you in? I lived in lincoln for 7 years and have friends there that have tanks...one of them is NETimreefer here on this board.

N

nereef

i'm a senior at unk in kearney. i get to omaha and lincoln pretty often. do you go to aquapets?

sickboy

Yeah, I have been to aquapets often. Also go to paradise cove at times, and did go to petworld, but now they are closing.

sickboy

Its in bellevue. It was a lot better, before they moved to a new store, they had 3 or 4 long frag tanks where the corals weren't for sale b/c they were propagating all of them, and the frags were for sale in the other 3 or 4 frag tanks. Now, they are pretty much cleaned out as far as corals they are fragging, but the tanks are still full. I think the move was hard on some of the mature corals or something. They have a bunch of fish too, but the last time I was there they didn't have all of them set up yet. They say that as soon they get everything set up they will have the largest saltwater section in the state. We'll see how good it is, but it does have real potential. I plan on going there after I listen to the husker game tomorrow to look for a halide bulb so I will give you an update.

N

nereef

hey, man. we just ordered the game. you should just swing by....go skers!!!!!!!!!