Eibli Angelfish

fish4ever

Does anybody here have the Eibli Angelfish? I already have a Coral Beauty, and I am not planning on having two angels. I was just wondering if anybody who has them. Let me know what you think of them, and any pics are welcome.

stanlalee

I had one. Bold as all get out, nothing shy like many places describe it (took on my tangs and went on about its business of nipping the liverock within 10 minutes of putting in the tank. they immediately left him alone and it was a good inch plus smaller). Chased my anthias relentlessly when I attempted to add them. Otherwise nice fish. good looking. personality. the only real reason I didn't keep it is because it was too nippy with corals thus I had to be too selective of what corals it would bother and wouldn't bother. Gave it away. needless to say he was a hardy guy. ate anything.

zanclus

I have a Vroliki which is very similar to the Eibli, In fct they are so similar the can interbreed. It is a model citizen except it picks on s ome of my zoos but I have had her for over 14 years I am not giving her up. She will chase any other Centopyge angel introduced after her though so I just dont...

browniebuck

I have had one since I set up my tank in January. He is definitely one of my favorite fish, as he is very full of character. He has made friends with a later addition, a keyhole angel, though it required moving all of the rock in my 55.
Here are some pictures of him (or her...how can you tell)???

fish4ever

Thanks for the replies, and stories. Nice PICS!! If I ever get a different angel(bigger tank) I will definitley get this guy. My lfs has just recently got one in and he/she is so energetic, curious, and playful....it is just sad that if no-body buys him that I can guarantee that he wont last more than a month there. They have horrible water quality
...they can hardly keep damsels for a month.