electric flame scallop feeding

nuro

so after some careful research ive decided to get an electric flam scallop. my plan is to target feed rod food twice a week and pure phyto once a week. i am runin g a DSB and the tank has been up since march of 08. thats the best can gather from the iterwebs. any thoughts?

flower

Originally Posted by nuro
http:///forum/post/3116191
so after some careful research ive decided to get an electric flam scallop. my plan is to target feed rod food twice a week and pure phyto once a week. i am runin g a DSB and the tank has been up since march of 08. thats the best can gather from the iterwebs. any thoughts?

To keep a flame scallop alive, put it in a container off by itself once each day with Phyto loaded in it for like an hour. They feed consantly and even then it is just eough to keep it alive.
I managed to keep one for a whole year like that. The way you have it planned it will live for like 3 months.

flower

Originally Posted by nuro
http:///forum/post/3117661
55, been up since march of 08

They only last about 3 months unless your tank is really dirty...that's why I put mine in a container for an hour, just let it soak in phytoplankton. They walk by snapping its shell real fast...they don't like the light and seek out caves and ledges to hide. Most times it just got stuck in a corner…I could get it from there. When it walked its way under a rock where I couldn't get to it...it died.

nuro

ya, hes got himself wedged under a rock right now.. no way i can get him :-( i guess ill jsut target him daily and hope for the best

nuro

obviously im stuck with the flame scallop and will do what i can to ensure he lives as long ass possible in my tank. other then pulling him out and putting it ina phyto bath..does anyone else have suggestions.. i dearched the forums and just saw a lot of negative feedback such as "shuldnt have bought it" but not alot on actual idea.
also: i have a 12 gallon nano FOWLR that houses a scorpion fish... do you guys think its better left in the 55 reef? or should i move it?