Electricity Bill

reefkprz

Originally Posted by FranktheTank
I have a question along these lines...
I even plug my vacuum into this circuit when I get ready to use it. This circuit is a 20 amp circuit. Is this a problem? I was even thinking of adding another tank to this circuit later in life, maybe of 100g or so.
I would be cautious to overload a circut too heavy usually it just results in tripping the breaker but constantly overloading can cause heating and degredation of the wire over time becoming a fire hazard. multiple circuts are best and its pretty easy to add a circut or run another outlet off a less loaded circut. I have two seperate circuts for my marine tank. you also want to make sure when/if you install a new circut you do so in a way that keeps the load on your buss bar even. (I also reccomend running motors before any device like tvs or radios because the pull can get pretty high and cause interference) I like a twit put my furnace at the bottom so everytime it kicks on I get signal interferance on my tv (white grainy lines accross the screen) that are in perfect synch with the motor of the furnace.