Electronic Controllers

tomlando

I'm thinking of getting an electronic controller. Are there some people who use them that might give me some help with the selection. Reefkeeper, Neptune, Medusa? Thanks

acrylic51

I've been torn about the same thing, and have finally made my decision on that issue.....I've decided to go with the Neptune controller......IMO just a nicer unit than the others......The ReefKeeper was my 2nd choice, but they lack some of the features I wanted and it appears that they have a problem with the systems resetting here lately that no one has been able to resolve......I don't know if that problem is with either the ReefKeeper 1 or the new ReefKeeper2, but either way it's screwy and it's not isolated to just 1 or 2 people. There is a thread on another site about this problem.......

tomlando

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the Neptune Aqualogic Jr. It's more than I need right now so it leaves room for expansion. So far the prices seem about the same everywhere, ...just changes in the package offerings. I haven't spoken to anyone who is using one yet though.

misfit

I was looking into the aquadyne octopus 4000 still undecided.Its a bit much for what i need right now.but kind of looking down the road.

acrylic51

No I did a group buy on the Aqua Pro III......Octopus units are nice, but feel the price is a bit much and not crazy with the X-10 modules.....Will be a problem with electronic ballasts or other noise producing items

tomlando

A group buy? Now that sounds interesting. Did you save much... or to put it more correctly, spend less?