elegance coral

gc1962

I have had a elegance coral for 2 years now and it is doing great I have it on the sand with very little flow. I have never target fed the coral and it is doing great has grown quite a bit since I purchaced the coral. The only reason I got the coral is because I seen in in ***** and I new it would not make it if someone didnt buy it soon, so I bought it allthough I new of its poor survival rate and was taking a big chance but I thought it would be better off in a established reef tank. Everyone that sees it cant believe that I have had it for 2 years. Guess I got a good one.

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko http:///forum/thread/380713/elegance-coral#post_3314222
If it is doing well don't move it IMO. They live in shallow muddy murky water in the wild. Low-medium/diffuse, VHO or power compacts are fine, light and high organic nutrient concentrations. Very little water movement. In my reading they do best in a species type tank with grasses, no skimmer with no other coral around them.
I was told that they are faily easy to keep. Spot feed once a week and keep him clean from debris. But why no skimmer?