Elegance Coral

chinnyr

Pretty coral!Keep it wherei is...from my experience they like the sandbed,and don't like to be placed higher up.

flydan

Hey,
I had one that lasted about 18 months. It was perfect for about a year, then just wouldn't open as much and slowly faded away. Never had that problem with other corals and never did figure out why it wasted away. I suspect there is some trace element it needs and once that is gone it dies. I do water changes and dose with Coral-Vite, Iodine, and Calcium. I also use DT's.
Sigh... yours sure is pretty though. I hope you have better luck than I did.
Dan'l

Thanks Dan I had been debating a long time about getting one since so many people have had problems with them,I sure hope I can keep him long term:)

fishkiller

Yeah dude- beautiful!! I have heard that they are a lot like the flower pots- ONLY for the experts. OR the super lucky- but I don't believe luck has much to do w/ it.

spyderreef

Coralcollector- That is a beautiful elegance coral!!! I believe mnreefman when he says you have some beautiful tanks!! I still am interested in your levels, if you don't mind.

nm reef

Excellant looking addition...they are without a doubt a great looking coral.
Just to be fair ... I've heard both positive & negative experiences with these corals. Personally...I had one but it deteroriated over a couple of months despite efforts to help it survive. One of my few losses ... and one I don't want to repeat.Same sort of results happened to both of the gonipora I've kept. There may just be something beyond our control that prevents some corals from being adaptable to closed systems.
Lots of reefkeepers have had success with them ...and just as many seem to have them slowly starve away for no apparent reason.
Myself I've decided to avoid attempting another until I'm more confident that I can keep one long term.
Yours looks great...healthy and fully extended. Most of what I've seen indicates they like sandy bottoms/mild current/moderate to high lighting...and meaty type foods from time to time. Best of luck with yours....
NMREEF website
“Whiskey for my men...beer for my horses.”
nmreef@cox.net