Eli Manning

nano reefer

Warning! The following is from a die-hard Giants fan!
Even though we pulled of that win yesterday, what came interesting to me was that in the third quarter when Manning threw that second pick, he had more picks than touchdowns on the season... How the hell do you start for a NFL team with more picks than touchdowns passes. Anywhere near that number you should not evn be in the NFL. He got rid of that stat with that 4th quarter touchdown, making him have an equal number of picks to touchdown passes, which is still a horendous stat! We just need to lose the rest of this season and next season so we can pick up Tebo, Ryan, or Booty (i believe they are all currently sophmores???). Thoughts?
I hate Eli Manning! He should have been gone two years ago!!! Put in the lefty!!!

jmick

Yesterdays game was the first time I have seen Eli all year and from what I saw the Giants won in spite of him. He made some terrible plays and by contrast made Grossman look good, which is a feat in its self. If I were a Giants fan I'd wanna take a look at anyone else too. I try not to judge players by the way they carry themselves because it can be misleading but the body language he gives off is terrible, he looks beaten.

bjoe23

Originally Posted by Nano Reefer
Warning! The following is from a die-hard Giants fan!
Even though we
pulled of that win yesterday, what came interesting to me was that in the third quarter when Manning threw that second pick, he had more picks than touchdowns on the season... How the hell do you start for a NFL team with more picks than touchdowns passes. Anywhere near that number you should not evn be in the NFL. He got rid of that stat with that 4th quarter touchdown, making him have an equal number of picks to touchdown passes, which is still a horendous stat! We just need to lose the rest of this season and next season so we can pick up Tebo, Ryan, or Booty (i believe they are all currently sophmores???). Thoughts?
I hate Eli Manning! He should have been gone two years ago!!! Put in the lefty!!!
Matt Ryan is a Senior
We? you live in new england, why dont you like the good guys?
and yes, i bet eli is the worst starting qb in the nfl, and he probably only has the job because of his brother and dad

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by Nano Reefer
Thats right, bring in the "Hefty Lefty"...."The Pillsbury Throw Boy"....The G-Men have a very solid receiving core, they are winning in spite of Eli...I would love to see Coughlin have the guts to start Lorenzen....I hate the Giants, but I like Lorenzen.

toggil

Solid receiving core? I have to disagree with that, Plax is hurt and barely can run a route anymore, Amani is still good but obviously has slowed down and can't get the separation he once could, Shockey I don't know I usually stick up for the guy but sometimes it just seems like he and eli aren't playing in the same game.
I personally like Moss and want to see him get more involved, and can't wait till Smith gets healthy and gets back in the lineup. Those 2 should be really fun to watch.

reefraff

I think Payton threw a vodoo hex on Eli to sap his talent

There is going to be a glut of talent at QB coming out of college the next few years. Matt Ryan and Brian Brohm are both seniors. Booty is too but he is WAY overrated. He needs to go back where he came from and smoke crawdads or something.
Erik Ainge might be a worthy snag in the second round.

agent-x

As a Giants fan I too an tired of Eli, but I'd rather have him in than Lorenzen. Unless we need a left guard or something I'd rather see Lorenzen on the sidelines. I don't know who's to blame, but the QB and recievers are not on the same page. I do know that unless they get it together, they are in trouble. Now with ward out they really need to get the passing game down. Maybe stick with the no huddle or something, Eli seems to play better that way.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by AGENT-X
As a Giants fan I too an tired of Eli, but I'd rather have him in than Lorenzen. Unless we need a left guard or something I'd rather see Lorenzen on the sidelines. I don't know who's to blame, but the QB and recievers are not on the same page. I do know that unless they get it together, they are in trouble. Now with ward out they really need to get the passing game down. Maybe stick with the no huddle or something, Eli seems to play better that way.
Our undrafted QB Romo is better than your 1st rounder

pontius

Eli was quite good at Ole Miss. I'd say even better than his brother was at Tennessee. I'm an SEC fan, so I saw both play A LOT, and I would've said that Eli was better. so he's either in a bad system or the NFL level is just too fast for him and he couldn't adapt from college to the NFL the way Peyton did.
but Eli carried himself like a complete a$$hat during the NFL draft, so I say he got what he had coming. San Diego was just not good enough for Ole Eli, he had to be in the biggest market on earth. now, San Diego is looking pretty good with Phillip Rivers and Eli is looking like a fool. but as bad as Eli is, there are several starting QBs in the NFL that are worse, though most of them weren't 1st round picks.
If I were a team owner looking for a first round QB draft pick, I'd definitely go for Ryan first followed by Andre Woodson. but I'd say any team would be foolish to let either McFadden or Felix Jones go by in the draft.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Pontius
Eli was quite good at Ole Miss. I'd say even better than his brother was at Tennessee. I'm an SEC fan, so I saw both play A LOT, and I would've said that Eli was better. so he's either in a bad system or the NFL level is just too fast for him and he couldn't adapt from college to the NFL the way Peyton did.
but Eli carried himself like a complete a$$hat during the NFL draft, so I say he got what he had coming. San Diego was just not good enough for Ole Eli, he had to be in the biggest market on earth. now, San Diego is looking pretty good with Phillip Rivers and Eli is looking like a fool. but as bad as Eli is, there are several starting QBs in the NFL that are worse, though most of them weren't 1st round picks.
If I were a team owner looking for a first round QB draft pick, I'd definitely go for Ryan first followed by Andre Woodson. but I'd say any team would be foolish to let either McFadden or Felix Jones go by in the draft.
Personally I think he is the emotional one of the two. And when things aren't going good, then you can tell by watching him. Personally, I was not that big of a fan of his little stunt he pulled going to the giants. And think he would have been better suited in san diago. And not in the NY pressure cooker. I was worried about him and that he would light up the skys like his bro. But fortunately, he doesn't handle adversity well, and frankly doesn't have the supporting cast that can get him out of a tough jam. I mean, romo has TO to throw bombs at, then whitten, then that stupid dump off that always looses yards to barber. He really doesn't have much, and it really didn't help with whats his face retiring. I don't think he is the guy who grits his teeth and says lets get it down, he needed the coddling and safety of waiting a couple years to learn and develop. And since he isn't getting it, he's gunshy.

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
Thats right, bring in the "Hefty Lefty"...."The Pillsbury Throw Boy"....The G-Men have a very solid receiving core, they are winning in spite of Eli...I would love to see Coughlin have the guts to start Lorenzen....I hate the Giants, but I like Lorenzen.

Lorenzen? okay thats a insult. He's as big as a linemen! i'd like to see move in the pocket.

aquaknight

I want to know what goes on behind closed doors there. I heard on the MNF (or SNF) game a few weeks back, that Plax doesn't even go to practice anymore?? I think I found why the offesnive is off. Just too many big heads there, that think they're each the star of the show, with a head coach that the players seem to loosely listen too.

dskrezyna

Originally Posted by stdreb27

Our undrafted QB Romo is better than your 1st rounder

I saw him play, and win, when I was attending Eastern Illinois Univ :) Cant believe the Bears passed up on him. He set so many I-AA QB records.

agent-x

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
I want to know what goes on behind closed doors there. I heard on the MNF (or SNF) game a few weeks back, that Plax doesn't even go to practice anymore?? I think I found why the offesnive is off. Just too many big heads there, that think they're each the star of the show, with a head coach that the players seem to loosely listen too.
He hasn't been going to practice because he is injured and they want him to rest so he can play in the games.