Elkhorn Monti

meowzer

A few weeks ago I got an Elkhorn Monti...nice piece it was.....WELL...I now have 2

My helpful husband was doing something for me a week or so ago, and "accidentally" knocked into it and broke it......OMG I was mortified at first
....BUT look...NOW I have 2 nice growing pieces
Here it is when I first got it
Attachment 243657
and the 2 now
Attachment 243654 Attachment 243655
Attachment 243656
I hadn't posted about this because I was too upset with everything else I had going on....BUT now I am happy cause I see they are both going to make it..and both are showing nice growth sprouts

S

shrimpy brains

Very nice! Maybe you should have him "accidentally break" some more things! lol

stanlalee

get used to it. the bigger they grow/more you have the more you will accidently break. I've accidently broke off pieces of EVERY single branching sps I have save a stylo which branches are thick. branching monti's seem the most fragile. think I've broke pieces of my two montipora digitatas at least 5 times each and toss the pieces (usually too small to grow out) in the sump.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
http:///forum/post/3281306
get used to it. the bigger they grow/more you have the more you will accidently break. I've accidently broke off pieces of EVERY single branching sps I have save a stylo which branches are thick.
I am amazed...it has grown more since the other day too
.. In the pic with the piece on the plug....it is sprouting from the bottom and the top.....and the other one has a new "arm" in the back
YAYYYYYYY
My other sps is actually looking better too
......I can't get pics
but they are picking up