ell ?

scott270

do you think that the snowflake would be my best bet, is a snowflake a moray and if not what clasifies an eel as a moray

indy1

Hawaiin Dragon eels are $1000+. I would think a 75 would be too small. Snowflakes are very hardy!

von_rahvin

dragons are expensive but man ate they beautiful!! MY LFS has one for 650. THey have had this eel for like 4 months and i watch them feed it all the time. THis LFS knows his stuff, he has refused to sell me things that would notflourish in my tank. he also gets some of the craziest things in there!

scott270

i have seen the dragon for 275 so you can get them for much cheaper, but do you think they would be ok in a 75

pegboy

$275's a great price if it is an Hawaian Dragon Eel, if it is a mexican Dragon eel it is a bit high. Someone posted pictures of both in a previous post. It could do pretty well, in a 75 alone, bigger would be better when it is full grown. The main problem is they can get pretty aggressive with fish that enter their territory, so it would be really hard to get tankmates for it in the 75.

grouperhead

id never put a hawaiin dragon in a 75, they need at least a 125, and they are a species only fish. the most colorfull eel,imo, you could get in there is a golden moray. other eels that would be ok in there are blackedge, zebra, snowflake, and cahinlink. bo

porthios

green wolf eels are great fish. they're not a true eel but have much better eyesight allowing them to be (IMHO) a much more personable pet than your typical snowflake, etc..
plus they only get 15" or so making them perfect for a 75gal.

Snowflake eels are fairly hardy and quite active at night. I watch mine all the time at night under moon-beam lights and entertains me for hours.

skirk

Someone earlier stated something along the lines of "make sure they have a PVC pipe to go in". Obviously, this is not a must for an eel (since in its natural habitat it doesn't have any idea what PVC is). Just provide it with plenty of live rock to hide in and it will be fine. Besides, PVC looks pretty ugly in a tank unless you have plenty of lr to hide it in. And if you do have plenty of lr to hide it in then you have enough for the eel to hide in. Sorry, I wasn't trying to be too rude I just thought it seemed someone was saying PVC is a necessity. Just my opinion.