Embed image?

srt8

What's the easiest way to embed an image,it asks for a URL,rather than figure it out, how about a suggestion. I have never done pics this way. Thanks

You can upload them to a website, like Photobucket, and copy the URL address from there. The mobile version of the forum site also allows you to embed from your phone.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8 http:///t/393735/embed-image#post_3503386
What's the easiest way to embed an image,it asks for a URL,rather than figure it out, how about a suggestion. I have never done pics this way. Thanks
My method: Look where it says UPLOAD FILES....click on that, find the picture in your computer and double click your picture...the address will show up in the URL box and then hit submit. I use Windows photos on my computer, and I always see a little thumb-nail of my picture to double click on. Here is the rule....you have to post a picture to show you now know how...LOL

srt8

well,here are three pics of my 75,I am a new reefer but loving every minute of it.learning,learning and learning.p.s. The tang loves the camera.lol

scarecrow

Your tank looks great, I have had mine since October and have live rock, live sand , two clowns, three damsels and want to start introducing coral what did you start with and how often after your first did you add your next?

srt8

Here is my journey so far.I bought the tank in Oct.2012 from a man that had it about ten years at least.It was in declining health with the only corals left being the leathers on the right and some type of purple Pom poms on left along with some hermits and snails,the urchin you see and a brittle star,live sand and rock and lots of green hairy algae! He said he let his daughter watch it while on vacation and fish died and decomposed and so on, but he was a help to me and helped me move it,along with about half the water and the live rock and sand.After moving the tank and setting it up in my home I let it sit a week or so cycling,I am sure It was helped tremendously by moving everything and keeping the old sand(which was very dirty) and some water and live rock,after a week I added a coral shrimp,more hermits,a emerald crab,and snails.Another week went by and my wife didn't like where it was so down it all came and I moved the tank to a new location(sucked)at this time I cleaned the filthy sand again and set it up. First part of November I added a clown fish and some green trumpet looking corals. I forgot their name(help),after another week I added the yellow tang and the elegant coral.Another week I added Xenia and Hammers and arrow crab and a few days later a Favid green brain looking frag.my latest addition a bangai cardinal a few days ago, so all that within 6 or 7 weeks or so.So far I have killed nothing,although the green Favid crater looking coral frag has some receding spot on it,although it could of been like that when I bought it,I moved it from bottom to top yesterday because I read where it likes intense light.I hope it helps.Also I bought two 48 inch ecoexotic panorama marine LED lights about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Replacing the vho actinic and white fluorescents that I am sure were old and needed replaced. So I went with new LEDs.My tank is 75 gallon with a Berlin style sump I think,iwaki pump with flow valve on output,home made 20 gallon sump with filter floss and carbon pre filter with a coralife 120 skimmer in sump and heater in sump. Two power heads in tank.Some things I noticed are the elegant is picky about its spot,I moved it once and it didn't seem to open up as much so I moved it back to the sand and it seems much happier.The green hair algae is still a battle although about 90% better,I use DI water,and water changes of 10 or so gallons once a week,so far my alk,calc,ph and nitrates are ok by doing this,nitrates were a issue for a few weeks so I did larger water changes now everything seems to be leveling off and I am monitoring changes with test kits,also the purple corraline algae is trying to get a foothold. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have on order a Tunze osmolater topoff system so I can leave on vacation.hope it works good. And a Eheim feed air auto feeder ordered. Also I added some aragonite to the front of the tank preparing for a blue dot jawfish that I hope to get soon. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but any advice is appreciated.

srt8

Ok,so some mistakes in my thread.It is not an elegance coral,after going to the lfs I saw the coral I have,it is an Aussie Green Duncan,I like it and it seems happy on the bottom,any advice? Also the other green ones are Green Eye Trumpets,they also seem happy.I did spot a nice Aussie Elegance Coral at the lfs,any advice?also I have what I'm assuming is some kind of green acan frag that seems to be receding a little each day,any advice? Thanks again I have learned a lot on this site so far

sweatervest13

You got a nice looking tank there. Glad to hear that the battle against the GHA is going your way.
Always nice to see a fellow Townshiper on the forums. LOL. Do you get most of your stuff from Kee's?? They are pretty good, I also like Sting Ray Bay on 9 mile in East Point.

srt8

Yes,Kees,the owner and family are really nice people,I did not know of the store on 9 mile,I will check it out. Yes,glad to talk to a fellow Michigander. Lol. Thanks for the compliment,I'm new at the salt water side of things. I used to keep a cichlid tank years back