Emerald Crab always under anemone.

nolson

Hello Everyone :)
I just have an oddball question. I have tried searching Google and this website to see if I could find any results but was not able to. I have an emerald crab that always insists on being near the anemone, Even while it has no food. It just likes to be right at the foot. Is this normal? Is he waiting for me to feed it? lol
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

reefr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolson http:///t/393278/emerald-crab-always-under-anemone#post_3497511
Hello Everyone :)
I just have an oddball question. I have tried searching Google and this website to see if I could find any results but was not able to. I have an emerald crab that always insists on being near the anemone, Even while it has no food. It just likes to be right at the foot. Is this normal? Is he waiting for me to feed it? lol
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
pic?
sure it's an emerald and not ana anemone crab?

nolson

Lights are off right now so the nem is a bit closed up. But you can see its legs right under it. I am 100% sure it is an emerald crab as I bought it from SWF and it looks just like the picture of an emerald crab. :p

S

smallreef

Shelter + free food... I have a few shrimp that also hide under the anemones umbrella, lol