20lbs lr
1 maroon clown
1 yellow watchman goby
1 coral banded shrimp
1 hawaiin crab
12 various hermits
1 turbo
which brings me to my next question...
i am having a big problem with hair algae, but all my snails are dying. everybody else seems very healthy and this has been going on for months now. i dont know exact parameters
ammonia - 0
temp - 78-80
i do fresh water top offs with water from my lfs and 10-15% saltwater changes every sunday also with water from my lfs
i do plan on getting my water tested very soon.....even buying a test kit for my own use.

black99l

snails die from quick SG changes along with various other reasons. Just to let you know there are a lot of good LFS out there but i wouldn't trust any of them as far as you can throw them. get your self some testers. buy some salt and make your own water.
how often do you top-off the water?
what kind of lights do you have?
how old are the lights?
any sun light getting to the tank?
here is my emerald crab....

marinesnow

I've had an emerald crab in my 12 gallons for months--he's pretty big one too. I've had no problems with him and he's given me none. FYI....I also noticed that BrooklynJohnny has one in his 10 gallon.:D

norway

about the lights....20watt 50/50 coralife
i plan on updating to some pc's for my birthday this month
not by a window or direct sunlight of any kind
would an emerald crab help my situation???

norway

i top off about every other day......about a 1/4 gallon of ro freshwater
my lights are about 4 months old

black99l

an emerald might help with some of the algae but there are no garrenties with any animal. I suggest you get yourself some testers and update your lights. Check your phosphates.