Emerald crab question

b-diddles

I recently purchased an emerald crab that looks mature. I bought him for the benefit of cleaning. He has huge claws and from what I read the more mature, the more likely to try to eat fish. I also read that they like fleshy types of food. What should I feed him so he doesn't eat my inverts of fish? I also plan on getting a Coral Banded Shrimp next week, any success stories with the two of those?

silverdak

I have 2 of them in my 14G cube... no issues with them getting my fish either... I only have 2 clowns who are very very fast swimmers and know to stay away from the crabs... as far as feeding goes they will just feed on the tank, when you put food in you will see them dash to the top of the tank and try and grab some food, sometimes they get some and sometimes they dont... everyone will be different tho. I love my emerald crabs. they dont eat snails or shrimp, my shrimp goes over to clean them and it just calmly sits there

pembro2

well i had my CBS in my 55g first..then i added my emerald..they had a few standoffs, the CBS just danced around and eventually backed down..it look slike he is affraid of the emerald..and hes tiny...my emrald does have an attitude tho, f my goby gets close he trys to clip him..

jjjoey

i had a devil CBS in my 29 gallon. he attacked everything..
i gave him away to a friend after he demolished a featherduster and almost killed a flameangel
i guess fish/invert personalities differ

silverdak

Originally Posted by JJJoey
http:///forum/post/2700930
i had a devil CBS in my 29 gallon. he attacked everything..
i gave him away to a friend after he demolished a featherduster and almost killed a flameangel
i guess fish/invert personalities differ

hmm guess so.. that's the first time I have heard of a "mean" CBS... small tank? I have a 14G and was planning on adding a CBS but not after hearing your review! lol I have a buddy who just put one in his 75G reef tank and hasnt had any issues yet tho? maybe it is that every fish/invert is different

b-diddles

Has anyone had any experiences with them eating feather dusters or other types of worms besides bristle worms?