Emerald Crab

lietz06

I put him in about a week ago and haven't seen him since. Should I be worried? I've looked all over...not actually moving things but crammin my head as far behind the tank as I can get to search for my lil lost guy. I read that they hide a lot..but I haven't seen him once since I put him in there

bizzmoneyb

sometimes i go a few days without seeing mine. they do hide in my rocks and do retreat when they see me coming. he's probably in there somewhere.

spanko

Normally not one of the critters you will see out a about much. Check at night after lights out and you may see him or at least part of him picking algae off of the rock work.

uberlink

Don't worry...he's hiding. They get a little more bold after they've been in there a while. And don't worry if you see what appears to be a dead emerald...he probably just molted, which is common right after you put them in the tank.

9supratt4

No problems....mine hides all day and comes out at night!! Check after lights have been off for a while.
If it dies, they are so small your clean up crew would probably take care of him.

lietz06

Good news! I saw him last night for hte first time. He's grown since I threw him in there. Thanks guys:)