Emerald Crabs ... Should I get one ?

So...I want to get an emerald crab, but Im worried about my livestock now and in the future of my tank ... I want to get the crab because it is the oly thing that I have learned of that eats bubble algae ...
Worried about my smaller hermits, and shrimp getting along with the emerald crab ... Is it a 50/50 chance of him being good or bad ??? Plan to also put two perc's and a yellow watchman soon ..
Let me know any suggestions... Thanks all.

saltyj

I have three and they have not bothered anything. They took care of my green Bubble algae and now I am trying to get a handle on my red bubble algae.

S

sebae0

i have 6 in my 180 and no problems as of yet, 2 of them are pretty big about the size of a silver dollar, i had a few small clumps of bubble and they eventually took care of all of it. the big ones come out more often so i try to supplement their diet with algae sheets so they dont mess with my fish.

S

sebae0

thanks he has gotten bigger since that pic but i dont think you"ll have a problem, they have some personality and are pretty cool to have.

sheffboyrd

Will emerald crabs get along with a cleaner shrimp in a 20 gallon? Just making sure before I start stocking my tank over the next couple months. Thanks

j-key

mine does,i have 2 cleaner shrimp.i feed the emerald nori or seaweed by hand plus he eats pellets that the fish dont get.they have been in the same tank for over 10 months.

I have noticed my emerald crab slowly starting to take interest in my peppermints ... they are not strictly looking to eat the shrimp, but I think they will if they get a good oppurtunity too ... :notsure: