emerald crabs???

bigarn

Originally posted by ChiliDog
Are they good at eating algae?and do they kill anything in a reef?

Emeralds are great at getting rid of bubble and hair algae. They've been known to nip at polyps, but this is rare. IMO they're a good addition to any tank. Plus they're quite entertaining to watch. :D

dacia

I love mine. He has been a great addition to the reef, and I am thinking of giving him a friend. :joy:

meadbhb

Hiya,
I have two in my tank. Got them to take care of bubble algea. I now have no bubble algea. They're active and I do see them quite a bit. Love them...no problems with them so far.
Meadbhb

bacchus_fl

I ahve several in both my tanks and love them. they don't usually have an extremely long life span but they are great at eating algea. They are well known for eating bubble algea but I think mine are trying to kick that stereotype because I still have some in my 75G reef.
I have seen them pinch a couple polyps but never rip one or try to eat it. I love watching them bow up at the fish when they swim by. Pretty funny, they act like they are 10' tall..:D

robchuck

Mine took care of all my valonia almost instantly, then turned on me and developed a taste for acropora polyps.