emerald green crab

crcoachm

Can you have more than 1 of these crabs?
I have a lot of bubble agae to take care of.
Will they bother anything other than the algae?

arkey.d

Originally posted by crcoachm
Can you have more than 1 of these crabs?
I have a lot of bubble agae to take care of.
Will they bother anything other than the algae?

I have two in my 55gal and they are busy little worker bees on the algea....

snipe

I have heard of all the way up to 4 or 5 in a 55 gallon tank. But I have also heard you only want to get what you need if there isnt enough algea and you have to many then they will eat all the algea and have nothing left. I only got one for that reason.

kart racer

I had 4 in my 55 with no problems. Was fun though to watch them wrestle around the bottom of the tank but they never did one another any harm I noticed.

snipe

Mine is only nocternal
he may get used to coming out in the day but he has moved somewhere and I cant even see him now.

arkey.d

Mine come out during the day, but if you move to fast near the tank, then they scurry away. My daughters love to search for them aswell as the 3 peppermint shrimp I have in the tank.
Sorry to hear that you don't see yours anymore.:eek:

crcoachm

Thanks
I will be going this weekend to pick one out maybe two.
Anything I should look for when picking them out?

paulcoates

I have 2 in mine and I have lunar lights. Just got a sand sifting star today.... He hid as soon as I put him. The lunars are on now and he is hanging out in the back of the tank getting some dinner

snipe

Take the sand sifting star back. He will stir the sand "that is excellent" but he will eat all the good oraganisms in the sand bed and your live sand wont be live any more. I would take him back and get a serpent start instead. Or if your wanting it for stirring the sand get a couple fighting conches.

snipe

Originally posted by paulcoates
actually i have a crushed coral bed

Then never mind lol.

crcoachm

Got 2 of these today, and a free peice of rock because we could not get him off the rock!!
Seem to be good:D
Do they eat fast?
Or is it a very slow?
I quess I want to see it all gone now

snipe

They are one of the fastes eaters but it is going to take a little while for them to clean everything up "especially if there the only thing in there"