Emergency!!! Help!!

alex.m

My CB start acting so weird in last 2 hours did not eat anything today and it goes with a flow flips up side down and yellow tang started picking on its fins help what do i do

It could have a disease or have been picked on. You should post this in the disease/treatment forum. You will get more responses there.

Do you have a quarantine tank? Also what are the other fish in the tank? What have you been feeding it? What is the level of your pH, Ammonia, Salinity, etc.?

alex.m

75 g Set up little over 2 month
Ph 8.4
Am, nitrate, nitrite are 0
SG 0.021
Temp 80 degrees
Reno filstar XP canister
Prizm skimmer
1 Penguin power head
40 lb of cured live lr + cc
7 turbo snails + 5 hermit crabs
1 yellow tang
1 Maroon clown 1 cb butterfly
1 royal gramma
Thank you
don't have QT yet

T

thomas712

Examine the skin of your Copperband and see if you find anything unusal.
Is there any labored breathing involved?
Any redness of gills?
Shut the lights off and hope the tang relaxes and goes to sleep mode so that it will not pick on the CB.
Have the flashlight handy to check on him in the middle of the night, if it dies then you will want to get it out as soon as you can.
What has the diet been for your CB?
Take inventory of your equipment an make sure that anything electrical is functioning properly. Double check the heater if it is glass look for condensation inside of the glass.
Thats all I can think of right now.
Thomas

alex.m

Just did all that nothing looks unusual... chacked all the equipment --everythings fine. it happend so sudden i can't even think of anything that fast. thanks ,but any other ideas???

cprdnick

IMO, you should try buffering your PH to 8.1 or 8.2, my Ph went up to 8.5 and killed two percs and a blue regal tang before I started the tank back up.
Even if that's not the problem it never hurst to try everything you can.