Emperor and other new fish

boalgf

Here are some new additions to my tank and some new pics of old fish. The emperor was added recently and the blue tang just under a month ago. I also have a yellow tang, but he is in quarantine cooling his heels. He attacks every new fish I put in. Let's see what a couple weeks in solitary confinement will do for him.

treybom

how big is that tank?! looks good but 3 dwarf angels almost never get along even 2 almost never get along

boalgf

thanks for the advice. yea I heard about angels not getting along. i put in the coral angel first then the flam, then the lemonpeel since I read the lemonpeel was the meanest. they all get along great! the fowlr is 125 and the reef is 90gal.

devaji108

Originally Posted by boalgf
thanks for the advice. yea I heard about angels not getting along. i put in the coral angel first then the flam, then the lemonpeel since I read the lemonpeel was the meanest. they all get along great! the fowlr is 125 and the reef is 90gal.
nice set up that is what I have to a 90 reef & 125 FoWLR!

harndog

Nice set up. Just curious I have a 175 getting ready to add the first fish a sailfin and a hippo both about 4 to 5 inches long. I also want to add a SF eel and a lion also a df puffer. A lot of people seem to think this is pushing the limits. You have at least that many fish in your 125 am I right? How does it work out do you have any level probs??? I know the lion and puffer are messy eaters but I figure the eeal can help with clean up. also thinking about a big eye and a marine beta. I am not one to go crazy on adding fish but do you think this would just be way to many for the 175? Nice tanks by the way

boalgf

thanks everyone.
harndog. a 175 can hold several more fish than mine can. 2 tangs, a lion, a puffer, and an eel in a 175 is not pushing it at all. I have a lot of filtration on mine. a wet dry, skimmer, and large canister filter that has chemi pure and filter rocks in it. my nitrates are under 20, but I do a lot of water changes. my zebra eel is the major problem. he is about 4 feet and eats a lot, so makes a big mess. you will need a really good skimmer and great filtration since you'll have 3 messy eaters. I'd put the lion or zebra in first and the tangs in before the puffer.
the ribbon eel is a pain in the... he eats maybe once a week if I'm lucky. he makes my mandarin look like a fatty. still he is active and alive and has been for almost 4 months. initially i got a turkey baster and shot brine shrimp down his mouth. he didn't seem to like it of course, but most of it went down and it got him eating.

krisiks

Hi there,
What do your emperor feed on? I just got a imperator angel (looks like your emperor) but I don't know what it eats
Can you help me.
Thanks.

boalgf

Mine eats misis shrimp, frozen agel & butterfly formula, formula one, spectrum pellets (these are awesome! so easy to feed with and everything likes them, including my powder blue), and he eats flake food sometimes as well. At first he only wanted to graze on the live rock, now he battles it out with the other fish for food.

jayc

Both your tanks are really nice!! I find it amazing that all 3 of them dwarf angels get along.
Josh

boalgf

2 large angels in a 125 is a bad idea. they would fight and are just too big to share a tank this size. I have about 100 lbs of liverock in there.
the reason my angels get along well is because i was very careful about the order i put them in. the flame angel is aggressive during feeding time, but other than that they get along well.

crox

I also have a coral beauty and a lemonpeel in my 65 gallon tank and they never fight. They get along nicely. Do you think I can put another dwarf angel?

boalgf

Not really sure you can add another angel. I have a 90 and worry over them all the time. Also, the lemonpeel is probably the most aggressive dwarf angel, so he should be the last you would add. What other fish do you have?